Town Green Park
|Other Link||Pre-Event Application|
Town Green Park
Located along the banks of The Woodlands Waterway®, between The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion and the South Montgomery County Library, Town Green Park, 2099 Lake Robbins Drive in The Woodlands 77380, is the downtown central park of The Woodlands.
The four-acre green space features:
- A main lawn nearly two football fields long
- Children's literary labyrinth with life-size Aesop's fables' books
- Children's amphitheater
- Perennial garden
- Texas Marine Medal of Honor Memorial Monument
Veterans' Memorial Monument
The monument was dedicated on Memorial Day, May 25, 2015, in honor of active duty personnel and veterans of all military branches and conflicts. It is located on the east side of Town Green Park, below Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.
The monument features The Way Home sculpture, commemorating two residents of The Woodlands who bravely gave their lives in 2007. The Walk of Honor is another part of the monument and is composed of black granite memorial tiles, educational information including maps and historical data of major wars since World War II and bronze military branch service emblems.
Town Green Park Sculptures and Art
- "The Founder" (George Mitchell) sculpture by Jay Hester
- "With Hope" sculpture by Beverly and Monte Paddleford
- The Marine Monument by J. David Nunneley
- The Children’s Mosaic by Denise Liebl
- "The Way Home" sculpture by Edd Hayes
- "Amber" by Luis Pavón Nunez (2014)
- “Proud Souls” by Gaston Carrio (2018)
- "Bean" by Valerie Theberge (2016)
- "You Are Loved" by Michelle Old, Stacy Moore and Kevin Giuseppetti (2020)